Saturday, May 3, 2014

All About Me {bella blvd}


In honor of National Scrapbooking Day, the gals at Bella Blvd are sharing "All About Me" layouts as well as a Q and A. As a card designer for Bella Blvd, I was thrilled to have chance to make a layout — I gotta shake it up every once in awhile, eh?!


This layout represents me pretty well. The Molly collection and Lucky Starz have some of my favorite patterns and colors. I love anchors, so the Refuse to Sink paper was the first choice for my background. I work as a marketing director, so the hashtags on the Pickle Juice b-side from Lucky Starz was also perfect. I'm constantly looking through a lens for photos, so the Selfie paper had to be included, too.

I chose eight simple statements to type up on my typewriter that represent me right now. I included my one little word, some things I enjoy, moments I'm looking forward to and people that make me happy.


Here is the Q and A:

What are your top 5 supplies/products that you cannot scrap without?
Tonic by Tim Holtz scissors, foam adhesive dots, dots tape runner, white gel pen and my EOS mint lip balm.

What do you listen to while you scrap? TV, music, or do you do your best work in silence?
I either watch something on Netflix or listen to one of my Pandora stations (3 Doors Down is playing now).

What snacks and/or drinks are beside you when you're scrapping?
I usually don’t eat while I scrap, but if I do I love popcorn (Skinny Pop is the best). My beverage of choice is usually coffee — or anything else I can get to brew in my Keurig.

When do you do your best scrapping? Are you a morning scrapper, a late night scrapper, or do you find time during the day?
I am an evening scrapper. My best hours are from 8 – 10 p.m. while my husband is still at work and the boy has already settled in for the night. And yes, for anyone doing the math from the post above, I do drink coffee at night and I still sleep like a log. Weird, I know.

Where do your layouts go once you're done with them? In albums, in piles, or shoved in random places?
My favorite layouts get hung on my Pier One clothespin frames for a little while so I can look at them and also share them with the family. Then they move to sleeves and get hung on hooks in the closet. After the hooks fill, I put them in albums and store them in the top of the closet in my craft room.


Supplies: Molly (Pattern paper: Borders, Refuse to Sink, Selfie), Paper Pieces
Lucky Starz (Pattern paper: Pickle Juice), Treasures & Text, Trinkets
Sophisticates (Brown-Cream High Five Alphas)

Thanks for stopping by to celebrate NSD with me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Anchors, music, camera...perfect collection for YOU! I adore your design and Q&A

Heather said...

Nice to get to know you, thank you for sharing.

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL and inspiring!!